Wednesday, January 11, 2012

here's to a New Year and another chance to get it right!

Here is my second attempt at blogging! Life sure does get busy sometimes :)

Where did I leave off?  Our daughter, Ainsley, is now 14 months old! She turned 1 on November 4th and we threw her the cutest Owl themed 1st birthday party. We had our closest family and friends there and it was the most perfect day...besides the fact that her Uncle was not here and Ainsley was actually sick (though she was a trooper). We are so very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. Here are some pictures from her special day:

Great Grandma, Nana and Mommy. Ainsley is so loved!






Our sitter made this awesome owl cupcake cake for Ainsley! It was perfect and oh so yummy :)


S'more favors!







Most days I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Everyone warns you, but you don't realize it until you're in it. She has become the most beautiful, full of energy and personality baby I've ever laid eyes upon. Her big eyes constantly sparkle with curiosity and excitement as she explores the new world around her. I am so proud to be her mommy and sometimes wish to find the pause button in this fast paced world.

Her loves of the present are mangos, goldfish crackers, music, dancing, legos, playing on the dog beds and her baby dolls. I think she runs faster than I do :) She can say (clearly): mama, dada, hot, up, uh-oh and elmo. She signs for: more, milk and all done. She makes me laugh hysterically when she pretends to sneeze and cough! She also knows to strip all of her clothes off when mommy says it's time for a bath. She's amazing. It was her second Christmas and she was an absolute blast! After showing her what to do, she wanted to delicately open and play with each toy first before she opened another one. Her favorite gifts seemed to be her two puppy dog toys. She has also recently discovered Elmo and she think he rocks.










Mark and I have set our wedding date to 9.2.12. We haven't planned as much as we'd like to, but we are doing the best we can. We would love to have another baby before Ainsley gets any older, so we battle waiting until September for the wedding or having something small and intimate sooner so that we can expand our beautiful little family. Weddings are so expensive and I've never been the type of girl that dreamed of her wedding day, so do we want to spent loads of money for our wedding or not? That is currently the question we keep asking ourselves. I am not a good decision maker!


I have been trying to make myself more of a priority lately as well. I have taken up photography more often because it makes me happy. And not to mention it really would be my dream job. I am looking into taking a class at our local community college to hopefully learn more about camera/lenses/lighting. I also would really like to take an Elements class as well regarding editing. I would love for this to become a part of my daily life. I think I need to have a career where I can express creativity and education has become such a micro-managed career and it stifles me. I could talk for years on the topic of education and my current career, but I won't bother.

In the new year I hope to accomplish a lot of goals; mainly to become more healthy mentally and physically and making time for Mark and I to make fitness a priority like we used to pre-baby. I miss going to the gym with him every day. He is truly my best friend and the best feeling is knowing he feels the same way about me.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment